Standard Flower Show
Presented by Madison District’s Garden Clubs
Everyone is welcome to enter the show!
The Madison District Garden Clubs present “Imagine,” a Standard Flower Show held during the Garden and Landscape Expo 2024. Join the fun and try out your design skills. You do not need to be a garden club member to enter the show. All are now welcome to register!
National Garden Clubs (NGC) judges will evaluate exhibits, and viewers are welcome to vote for their favorite each day of the Garden & Landscape Expo. A Standard Flower Show is the official title of a flower show conforming to standards established by National Garden Clubs, Inc. All exhibitors MUST follow NGC rules for the show as outlined in the Flower Show Schedule and the downloadable Handbook for Flower Shows. (This includes not using artificial plant materials or coloring fresh ones.) To receive the show schedule, get more information, and register to exhibit, contact [email protected]
Floral Design opportunities include the following and must include plant material. (Exhibitors need to pre-register to enter.)
- Three Wishes is a design of any style to interpret the class theme. Class is open only to novices.
- Which Witch Are You? is a duo design created by two designs in one container joined to appear as one. Each side appears as a distinctly different design. (Exhibitor must also enter Magic Spells.)
- Magic Spells is a duo design created by two designs in one container joined to appear as one. Each side appears as a distinctly different design. (Exhibitor must also enter Which Witch Are You?)
- Enchanted Evening is a functional table for two people including a complete decorative unit.
- Journey to Atlantis is an exhibition table, including an underwater element and plant material as needed to complete the design.
- Fairy Tale is an exhibition table, including a complete decorative unit.
- Elves and Faeries and Imps, Oh My! is a petite design of any style, up to 12” tall.
Botanical Arts – Horticulture opportunities include the following and must include some plant material. (Exhibitors need to pre-register to enter.)
- Fairy Gardens is a miniature landscape or scene with accessories permitted.
- Cinderella’s Slipper is a shoe planted with an assortment of succulents.
- Frozen, deciduous trees and shrub branches with recognized natural winter color, form, or textural interest.
Horticulture exhibitors do not need to pre-register. All entries are accepted from 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm on Thursday, February 8 and from 7:30 am – 9:30 am on Friday, February 9.
In addition to the Standard Flower Show, the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation will host a stage demonstration on Saturday from 12:30-1:15 p.m. (Demo Stage A) based on the popular TV show “Chopped.” Four Flower Show judges will each simultaneously create a floral design without knowing what is in their “basket.” Designers will describe their inspiration and the audience will pick their favorite.