Plan Your Visit
Garden & Landscape Expo is held in Madison, Wisconsin, a fun and friendly city located among beautiful lakes and parks. Madison is home to the state capitol, the University of Wisconsin-Madison and many other unique attractions. For more information on Madison’s hospitality, look to the following resources.
Digital Visitors Guide
Downtown Madison Guide
The Alliant Energy Center is located on the southern edge of Madison, just off Hwy. 12 & 18 (Beltline), at 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way on John Nolen Dr. between Olin Ave. and Rimrock Rd. From the Beltline, the big white dome roof of the Coliseum building is easy to recognize. For more information, visit alliantenergycenter.com or call 608-267-3976.
- From the north on I-90/94: Where I-90 and I-94 split, stay on I-90 to Chicago and Janesville—not I-94 to Milwaukee. After four miles, take exit #142A onto Hwy. 12/18 (Beltline) west to Madison. After five miles, take the John Nolen Dr. exit (#263). Proceed as above.
- From the south on I-90: Exit #142A onto Hwy. 12/18, proceed as above.
- From the east on I-94: At Madison, take I-90 to Janesville and Chicago; then proceed as above.
- From the west: Take Hwy. 12/18 (Beltline) going east. Exit at Rimrock Road (#262).
Madison Metro bus service has regular stops along John Nolen Drive, Olin Avenue, and Rimrock Road. There are currently two bus stops on Rimrock Road, two on John Nolen Drive, and one on Olin Avenue, adjacent to the Alliant Energy Center. Visit the Metro Transit to plan your trip.
Make a hotel reservation for Garden & Landscape Expo. Rates and availability are subject to change. For assistance please call 1-800-365-4931.
Accommodations & Accessibility
PBS Wisconsin is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible event. To request an accommodation, please contact us at [email protected] or 608-265-3854.
The Alliant Energy Center is ADA compliant. Below is more information about building and event accessibility.
- Parking: Accessible parking stalls are located near the entrance of the Exhibition Hall. Curb cuts are located in close proximity to accessible parking and make travel to the building convenient for people who use wheelchairs.
- Entrance Accessibility: The Exhibition Hall has power-assisted doors.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: All spaces, locations, and areas of the Exhibition Hall are accessible. All room setups are arranged to accommodate wheelchair accessibility. Wheelchairs and scooters are not available for on-site rental. You are welcome to bring your own device.
- Elevators: All levels of the Exhibition Hall are accessible by an elevator.
- Service Animals: The Alliant Energy Center acknowledges and follows all ADA guidelines regarding aid companions. Trained service animals are permitted with proper supervision.
- Lactation Room: The Alliant Energy Center has a Mamava station for lactating mothers to use in the Exhibition Hall.
- Language Accommodations:
- Major event directional signage is translated in Hmong and Spanish.
- Exhibitors who are fluent in American Sign Language (ASL), Hmong and/or Spanish are denoted on the website and in the event guide.
- Interpreters (ASL, Hmong, and Spanish) will be available at the PBS Wisconsin booth during Garden & Landscape Expo to answer event questions per the schedule below:
- American Sign Language interpreter: Sat. and Sun. 10am-12pm
- Hmong interpreter: Fri. 1-3pm; Sat. 10am-12pm
- Spanish interpreter: Sat. 10am-1pm
Group and Bus Tours
PBS Wisconsin’s Garden & Landscape Expo welcomes groups of visitors ready to think spring! A complimentary bus parking permit is included ($24 value) for groups of 20 or more if tickets are purchased in advance (by Jan. 21). To purchase advance tickets for your group, please contact Amanda Balistreri at [email protected]. Return any unsold tickets for a refund.
Please review our brochure for more information about group and bus tours.
A variety of food options will be available for your group during Garden & Landscape Expo. Concessions are located in the lobby, exhibition hall and atrium. Options include salads, soup, sandwiches, pizza, coffee, yogurt, ice cream and pastries. If you would like to order boxed lunches for your group, please contact Centerplate Catering at 608-661-0525. The Alliant Energy Center maintains a strict policy that no outside food can be brought into the show.